Monday, 26 September 2011

Outlook Calendar Synchronization Problem

Error Description: When trying to connect Outlook to SharePoint Calendar , we receive error message like below.

Task 'SharePoint' reported error (0x80070005) : 'You do not have permission to view this SharePoint List .Contact the SharePoint site administrator. HTTP 302.’
 


The calendar gets synchronized from SharePoint to Outlook for the first time (asks for authentication), however any subsequent events updated to SharePoint list or Outlook calendar do not synchronize.

This problem is arises due to a limitation related to our need to encrypt traffic to the site to provide appropriate security.

For Eg Outlook Calendar Sync fails with error when AAM(Alternate Access Mapping) has

Default Zone: https://SharePoint

Intranet Zone: http://SharePoint


Error: Task 'SharePoint' reported error (0x80070005) : 'You do not have permission to view this SharePoint List .Contact the SharePoint site administrator. HTTP 302.'

However If we change the Intranet Zone to Internet Zone like below
 

Default Zone: https://SharePoint

Internet Zone: http://SharePoint
 

The outlook calendar sync should hopefully work.

Reason being the order in which the AAMs are added to the property by SharePoint.

SPUrlZone.Intranet

SPUrlZone.Default

SPUrlZone.Extranet

SPUrlZone.Internet

SPUrlZone.Custom
 

Hence the Intranet zone would be the first zone leveraged by the Outlook sync.

1 comment:

  1. I also had this issue today. After reading forum after forum and trying each and every suggestion. I decided to try to think more basic and start from the bottom. After recreating my calendar and bringing over my events, section by section, I realized the error was being caused by 2 different events that didn't have start/end dates. I'm not sure how these got in here (since they are required fields) but they were the issue. I deleted these 2 entries and the calendar could sync after that. So if there are any Events that are missing required field information (ie: Dates) this could also cause this error.

    ReplyDelete